We help you find the best match for your business.
Tap into some of the brightest minds the world has to offer.
Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program:
Any employer in Newfoundland and Labrador looking to access top talent from outside of Canada can leverage the Atlantic Immigration Pilot (AIP) program, allowing them to access and hire international workers and graduates to fulfill any labour needs. Our staff at the Ocean’s Holyrood Initiative will guide you through the entire AIP process, provide you with an endorsement for your application, and connect you with the appropriate resources at the provincial immigration office.
The AIP Will Help You To:
- Provide candidates (workers) with work permits while waiting for permanent residency.
- Skip the Labour Market Impact Assessment process if you are unsuccessful in hiring locally.
- Hire international graduates from any Atlantic Canadian university.
- Access full-time intermediate-skilled labour and high-skilled workers.
Experiential Learning Opportunities:
Experiential learning is about providing opportunities to apply classroom knowledge in a professional workplace; knowledge is created through experience. Our team can connect businesses and researchers with post-secondary students studying in Newfoundland and Labrador who are looking for hands-on experience. We will help you by:
- Meeting to understand your needs and requirements.
- Connecting you with post-secondary institutions and students in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Suggesting the types of experiential learning you can offer.
- Supporting your desire to access grants and funding to provide these opportunities.
Benefits of Experiential Learning:
- Assess students as potential employees.
- Welcome fresh energy, enthusiasm, and creativity to your business.
- Learn from students while acting as a mentor.
- Accelerate innovation and encourage students to hone their skills.
- Provide post-secondary institutions with feedback on relevancy of training programs compared to the needs of industry.
- Help students gain experience and expand the local labour force within your industry.
- Fill labour gaps during busy or vacation times without long-term commitment.
- Gain year-round access to the student talent pool, increasing awareness of the best upcoming talent while reducing future recruitment costs.
- Access provincial and federal youth hiring financial incentive programs.
- Increase your profile as a leader in youth employment and retention.